More information about cookies
Cookies do not usually store sensitive information, such as credit cards or bank details, photographs, your ID or personal information, etc. The data they keep are of a technical nature, personal preferences, personalization of contents, etc.
The web server is not a web browser. In fact, if you regularly browse Internet Explorer and try to navigate through the same website with Firefox or Chrome, see that the web does not realize that it is the same person because it is actually associating the browser, not the person.
Types of cookies
They are the most elementary and allow, among other things, to know when a human or an automated application is navigating, when an anonymous and a registered user navigates, basic tasks for the operation of any dynamic web.
They collect information about the type of navigation they are doing, the sections they use most, products consulted, time band of use, language, etc.
They show advertising based on their navigation, their country of origin, language, etc.
Own and third party cookies
Own cookies are those generated by the page you are visiting and those of third parties are those generated by external services or providers such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc.
Can cookies be deleted?
Yes. Not only delete, also block, in a general or particular way for a specific domain.
To delete cookies from a website you must go to your browser settings and there you can search the associated ones to the domain in question and proceed to their elimination.
What happens if I disable cookies?
To understand the scope that can have disable cookies we show some examples:
- You can not share content from that website on Facebook, Twitter or any other social network.
- The website will not be able to adapt the contents to their personal preferences, as is often the case in online stores.
- You can not access the personal area of that web, such as My account, or My profile or My orders.
- Online stores: It will be impossible to make purchases online, they will have to be telephone or visiting the physical store if you have it.
- It will not be possible to customize your geographical preferences as a time zone, currency or language.
- The website will not be able to perform web analytics on visitors and traffic on the web, which will make it difficult for the website to be competitive.
- You can not write on the blog, you can not upload photos, post comments, rate or rate content. The web will not be able to know if you are a human or an automated application that publishes spam.
- It will not be possible to show sectorized advertising, which will reduce the advertising income of the web.